Exhibit and sponsorship Rules and Regulations
1. Purpose: By providing opportunities to interact with a broad representation of researchers interested in the advancement of the science, this meeting provides an opportunity for exhibitors and corporate supporters to reach decision-makers who purchase your products and services. Therefore, the meeting organizers are committed to fostering and improving its relationship with exhibitors and sponsors to ensure the future success of programs. The purpose of this policy is to establish guidelines for our interactions with corporate supporters to ensure that all sponsors and exhibitors are treated fairly and equitably while maintaining the rigor and integrity of our programs and activities.
2. Industry-Sponsored Symposia (ISS): Industry-Sponsored Symposia (ISS) are commercially-supported educational sessions held in conjunction with this meeting. Information presented in the ISS must be balanced and provide the attendee with an objective viewpoint. Proposals for ISS will be evaluated for the ability to provide educational content distinct from that in the official scientific program. Sessions will be held in the morning before the official meeting symposia. A limited number of sessions are available. Applications are available on this website and acceptance notices will be sent by Friday, 21 April 2017.
3. ISS Fees: $6,000 USD. Any ancillary fees (e.g., food and beverage) will be the responsibility of the sponsoring ISS Company.
4. Marketing and Sponsorship Opportunities: Marketing and sponsorship opportunities (pre-registration attendee mailing list rental, sponsor and co-sponsor designation on meeting bags, inserts in meeting bags, etc.) are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. Social Events: Events which are purely social in nature (such as a customer-appreciation event) should be scheduled through the ISSX conference planner so as to avoid any conflict with any scheduled event, educational or social, in the meeting program. Exhibitors and sponsors should consult with the ISSX conference planner to ensure that this criterion is met by emailing email@example.com.
6. Exhibit Space Carpeting: The exhibit hall is not carpeted. Exhibitors may elect to purchase carpeting for their booth space.
7. Exhibitor’s Representative: The Exhibitor will name one (1) individual as the duly authorized representative in charge of the exhibit. This individual will assume responsibility for all negotiations with ISSX and the official meeting and general service contractor. In addition, this individual will receive all official correspondence from ISSX referring to the exhibit and will be responsible for communicating this information to registered personnel from the exhibiting company and other third-party contractors.
8. Exhibit Personnel: All exhibitors must register for badges. One (1) complimentary exhibit hall only access badge and one (1) complimentary full meeting access badge for exhibitor personnel will be included with each exhibit stand space. Up to two (2) additional exhibit hall only badges for exhibit personnel will be issued at an additional fee of $350 USD. Up to three (3) additional full meeting access badges for exhibit personnel will be issued at an additional fee of $495 USD each. Please note that an exhibitor’s exhibit hall only badge will admit an individual to the exhibition area and welcome reception. An exhibitor’s full meeting access badge will admit an individual to the exhibition area, scientific sessions, and welcome reception. Individuals must register separately to attend the social event. A list of all exhibit personnel must be submitted to ISSX no later than Friday, June 2, 2017. Badges will be available at the Exhibitor Registration Counter on site. Exhibit stands must be staffed at all times during official exhibition hours.
9. Admission: The meeting organizers shall have sole control over all admission policies at all times. Any person visiting the exhibits or attending any function of the meeting will be required to register and wear an appropriate badge while in attendance. Exhibitors are permitted inside the exhibition area two (2) hours prior to show opening each day in order to prepare their exhibits.
10. Subletting of Exhibit Space and Prohibited Uses: Exhibitors are prohibited from assigning or subletting a booth or any part of the space allotted to them. Exhibitors cannot exhibit or permit any merchandise or advertising materials to be exhibited in their space that are not a part of their own regular products. It is not permitted for money to change hands (including credit card payments) for products, merchandise, membership or services of any kind in the exhibition area. Orders may be taken for payment at a later date.
11. Use of the ISSX and/or Meeting Logos: The ISSX name, meeting name, and/or meeting logo may not be used without permission. The use of the ISSX name and/or meeting logo may, on occasion, be associated with corporate support opportunities. Please contact ISSX at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding how to obtain a review of your request.
12. Prizes and Lotteries: Pre-approved prize and lottery-type drawings are permitted at this meeting. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
13. Food and Beverage Distribution: Distribution of food and beverages from exhibits must be approved by the meeting organizers in writing prior to the meeting and must be purchased through the Gürzenich’s exclusive caterer. Items such as coffee, frozen desserts, whole fresh fruit, packaged nuts, candies and bottled waters may be considered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request approval. Once approved, ISSX will refer you to the appropriate contact at the meeting venue to make arrangements.
14. Ads, Literature, and Door Drops: Canvassing or distributing advertising matter outside the exhibitor’s own space is not permitted. Solicitations of business—and/or conferences in the interest of business—except by exhibiting firms, are prohibited. All exhibitor literature must be distributed from within the space assigned. Only literature published or pre-approved by the meeting organizers may be distributed in the registration area, meeting rooms, hotels and/or in other areas used by the meeting attendees.
15. Music Licensing/Audio Presentations: The exhibitor shall be responsible for securing any and all necessary licenses or consent for: (a) any performances, displays and/or other uses of copyrighted works or patented inventions; and (b) any use of any name, likeness, signature, voice and/or other impression; and (c) other intellectual property owned by any third party that is used directly or indirectly by the exhibitor. The exhibitor agrees hereby to indemnify, defend and hold ISSX harmless from and against any claim of liability and any incident or resulting loss, cost and/or damage (including costs of lawsuit and attorney’s fees) for failure to obtain these licenses or consents and/or for infringements or other violations of the property rights and/or the rights of privacy or publicity of any third party. The use of loudspeakers, recording equipment, television sets, computers, radios and/or the use of machinery or any device that is of sufficient volume to annoy neighboring exhibitors will not be permitted.
16. Accessibility for Persons with Disabilities: The representatives of each exhibiting company will be responsible for making their exhibits accessible to persons with disabilities. It is understood that the meeting organizers will be held harmless by the exhibiting company for the failure of its representatives to comply with this requirement.
17. Security and Insurance: The Gürzenich provides 24-hour guard service throughout the entire building. The furnishing of such service is in no case to be understood or interpreted by exhibitors as a guarantee to them against loss, theft and/or damage of any kind. The meeting organizers or any officer, its agents, staff members, the venue and/or the official service decorator will not be liable for the safety of the exhibitors’ property, agents and/or employees from theft and/or damage by fire, accident or any other causes. Exhibitors wishing to insure their exhibit materials, goods and/or wares of exhibits against theft, damage by fire, accident or loss of any kind must do so at their own expense. Each exhibiting company is responsible for obtaining insurance (liability and fire/theft) in such amounts as deemed appropriate to comply with its obligations here-under and for its own protection.
18. Limitations and Liability: Exhibitors or their agents may not allow any articles to be brought into the exposition or any act performed on the premises that would invalidate the insurance or increase the premium of the policies held by the management of the venue, the official general service contractor and/or the meeting organizers; nor permit anything to be done by their employees and/or their agents through which the premises, property or equipment of ISSX, the official general service contractor, the Gürzenich, and/or other exhibitors will be damaged. The exhibitor and/or the exhibiting company will be held liable for any damage resulting from such violation. All space is leased subject to these restrictions. The meeting organizers have the right to terminate an exhibitor’s rights pursuant to this contract at any time after discovery of a violation of this provision. Exhibitor agrees to protect, save and keep the meeting organizers, the Gürzenich, and the official general service contractor forever harmless from any damage or charges imposed for violation of any law or ordinance by the exhibitor, company employees or agents, and to strictly comply with the applicable terms and conditions contained in the agreement between the meeting organizers, the Gürzenich, and the official general service contractor regarding the exhibition premises; and further, the exhibitor shall at all times protect, indemnify, save and keep harmless the meeting organizers, the Gürzenich, and the official general service contractor against and from any and all loss, cost, damage, liability or expense that arises out of, from or by reason of any act or omission of exhibitor, company employees and/or agents.
19. Fire Regulations: All materials used in the exhibit area must be flameproof and fire-resistant to conform to local fire ordinances. Crêpe paper, corrugated paper, flameproof or otherwise, will not be permitted. All displays are subject to inspection by the Fire Prevention Bureau. Any exhibits or parts thereof found not to be fireproof may be ordered dismantled. All aisles and exhibits must be kept clear at all times, and fire stations and fire extinguisher equipment are not to be covered or obstructed. Absolutely no storage of any kind will be permitted behind an exhibitor’s booth.
20. Character of Exhibit and Meeting: The character of the exhibit is subject to the approval of the meeting organizers. The right is reserved to refuse contracts not meeting the standards required or expected, as well as the right to curtail exhibits, or parts thereof, which reflect against the character of the meeting. This reservation applies to persons and their conduct, articles of merchandise, printed matter, souvenirs, catalogs and any other items, without limitations, that affect the character of the exhibit.
21. Violations: Each exhibitor, company agents and employees agree to abide by the contract conditions/rules and regulations set forth herein, or any subsequent amendments or interpretations. Violation of any of these regulations on the part of the exhibitor, company employees or agents shall annul the right to occupy space, and such exhibitor will forfeit all monies that may have been paid. Upon evidence of violations, the meeting organizers may re-enter and take possession of the space occupied by the exhibitor and may remove all personal items at the exhibitor’s risk. The exhibitor shall pay all expenses and damages that the meeting organizers may incur thereby as a result.
22. Cancellations: In the event of exhibition cancellation due to fire, strikes, government regulations or other causes beyond the control of the meeting organizers, ISSX shall not be held liable for failure to hold the 14th European ISSX Meeting as scheduled and ISSX shall determine the amount of the exhibit fees to be refunded, if any.
23. Exhibit Cancellation Policy: Notification of cancellation must be made in writing. If space is canceled prior to Friday, March 24, 2017, a refund of the amount paid, less 50% (USD), will be issued. No refunds will be issued after Friday, March 24, 2017. All sales made after Friday, 24 March 2017 are final and non-refundable.