Exhibitor Contractor Services
1. Official Contractors: Official Show Contractors shall be designated by the meeting organizer to provide various services to the exhibitor. Such contractors provide all show services other than supervision. The exhibitors shall provide only the material and equipment that they own and that are to be used in the exhibit space. All other items used in the exhibit must be procured only through Official Show Contractors.
2. Labor: Full-time employees of an exhibiting firm may install and dismantle their own and respective company displays based on the following guidelines. Any outside or additional labor required for installation, dismantling or decorating is to be performed by the Official General Service Contractor under the guidelines established by the International Association for Exposition Management. Exhibitors, show organizers and other clients may handle their own materials that can be carried. Exhibitors may not bring or use carts, pallet jacks or other material handling equipment that would interfere with the operations of the Official General Service Contractor. All materials, other than exhibitor-handled materials as described above, are chargeable as material handling and will be handled through the Official General Service Contractor. There are no storage facilities available for materials handled by exhibitors.
3. Exhibitor-Appointed Contractors: An Exhibitor-Appointed Contractor (EAC) is any company other than the designated Official General Service Contractor listed in the Exhibitor Service Manual, that provides a service (display installation and dismantle, models, florists, photographers, audiovisual, etc.) and needs access to the exhibit at any time during the installation, show dates or dismantling. Exceptions to using the Official General Service Contractor will be granted only if such exception does not interfere with or prejudice the orderly installation, interim services or dismantling of the exhibit. No exception will be granted if it is inconsistent with the commitments made and obligations assumed by the meeting organizers in any contract with service contractors or in its agreements and lease with the exposition facility. For services such as electrical, plumbing, telephone, data lines, cleaning, food and beverage, water/drain, compressed air and drayage, no exception will be made and the Official General Service Contractor designated by the meeting organizers must be used. Should the exhibitor utilize an EAC for any service, the exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless ISSX, the Official General Service Contractor and the exhibit facility from any act or situation which would cause ISSX, the official service decorator and the facility to become liable or suffer losses, damages, injuries, claims, demands and expenses, including legal expenses, due to the presence or actions of the non-Official Show Contractor. The exhibitor further agrees to obtain an original certificate of insurance from the exhibitor’s EAC with the limits and terms as shown in item B. Exhibiting companies, their designated agents, and/or EAC must confine their activity to their assigned space. Exhibit facility corridors, hallways, loading docks and marshaling areas are not to be used for any purpose other than ingress and egress.
4. The meeting organizers will consider exceptions to the use of Official Show Contractors only when the Exhibitor has completed the following steps by Friday, 5 May2017:
A. The exhibiting company has notified show management in writing of the name, address and contact name of those independent service companies by submitting a letter on the exhibiting company’s letterhead for each company being used. Please note: Notification must include an original signature and be from the exhibiting company.
B. The exhibitor employing an EAC has provided proof in the form of Certificates of Insurance to ISSX of sufficient insurance to cover the activities of said EAC (see item C below).
C. As stated above, Certificates of Insurance for an EAC are the responsibility of the exhibiting company and must include workers compensation/employers liability—$1,000,000 and comprehensive general liability insurance—$1,000,000. The workers compensation and employers liability insurance must provide a minimum limit of $1,000,000 and meet the requirements of the city of Cologne.
D. All employees, representatives and/or agents representing the exhibitor must be fully identified by an official meeting badge. All EACs must furnish show management with a list of full-time employees of their company who will be working during installation, show dates and/or dismantling.
E. Failure to meet any one of the above steps could jeopardize the ability of the EAC to obtain proper authorization for installation, servicing or the dismantling of exhibits.
5. Amendments: The meeting organizers shall have sole authority to interpret and enforce all rules and regulations contained herein, to make any amendments thereto and to make such further rules and regulations as shall be deemed necessary in order for the 14th European ISSX Meeting to operate smoothly.
6. Hotel Accommodations: Hotel reservations should be made through the housing bureau. For more information, or to secure a hotel reservation, please view the hotel information on this website.
7. Questions: Please email email@example.com.