Industry-Sponsored Symposia (ISS) are commercially supported educational and promotional activities held in conjunction with the 14th European ISSX Meeting.
Guidelines and Application
The information presented in the ISS must be balanced and provide the attendee with an objective viewpoint. Hosting an ISS provides a platform to present your company’s products and services. Proposals for ISS will be evaluated for the ability to provide educational content distinct from that in the official ISSX Scientific Meeting program.
ISSX may refuse to review any proposal that does not meet the criteria set forth in these guidelines. In order to maintain a balanced program, the Society will select no more than one proposal per company.
The ISS must be open to all meeting attendees and will be scheduled so as to not compete with ISSX-sponsored events including the short courses held prior to the ISSX scientific meeting, receptions, event, or any component of the scientific sessions, including plenary or concurrent sessions.
Applications are due Friday, 14 April 2017. Applications will be reviewed prior to approval by the Scientific Advisory Committee.
Once an ISS is approved, ISSX staff will contact the approved company to review logistics including audio/visual equipment and food and beverage. The organizer is responsible for all costs associated with the program, including food and beverage, audio/visual equipment and labor, music license fees, speaker travel and honoraria, labor costs, etc.
The fee for a morning ISS is $6,000 USD. The fee includes basic audio-visual services, promotion by ISSX as a web link, half-page ad in the ISSX Newsletter (if timing permits), a listing in the onsite program book (if timing permits), two complimentary meeting registrations, and up to two additional reduced-rate meeting registrations (at the same price as those offered to exhibitors).
Expenses related to food & beverage will be borne by the company hosting the ISS.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics name and logo are the exclusive property of, and trademarked by, the International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics (ISSX). Aside from the approved wording (refer to “Preparation of Promotional and Other Satellite Materials” section below), ISSX name, insignia, logo, acronym, or any reference to the ISSX Scientific Meeting may not be used in mailing pieces, signs, advertising or promotions in any media, or on descriptive product literature either inside or outside of the exhibit area, prior to, during, or after the meeting.
- Organizers of Industry-Sponsored Symposia must be exhibitors at the meeting. If not exhibiting, ISSX reserves the right to assess the company a surcharge equal to the prevailing exhibition booth rental fee.
- ISSX reserves the right to review all mailings and other promotional items and activities employed to publicize any approved ISS to take place over the official meeting dates. All brochures, invitations, announcements, posters, agendas, speaker descriptions, evaluations, postcards, web site listings, other promotional and meeting materials, and enduring materials must be approved by ISSX prior to printing or release.
- ISSX prohibits the distribution of any meeting announcements or promotional materials within the meeting hotels. Hotel room drops are strictly prohibited. Promotion from within your company’s exhibit booth is permitted.
- Full payment is due on or before Friday, 14 April 2017. If payment is not received by this date, the program will be cancelled.
- If the ISS is cancelled for any reason prior to or on Friday, 5 May 2017, the full payment will be refunded if the slot can be reassigned. If the slot cannot be reassigned, 50% of the payment will be refunded. No refunds will be granted after Friday, 5 May 2017.
- Application for an ISS signifies that you have read the Industry-Sponsored Symposia Guidelines and understand and agree to comply with the financial, administrative, and other responsibilities associated with this meeting.
- The sponsoring company must acknowledge that ISSX can in no way guarantee attendance at your session.
- If the above rules are not adhered to in full, ISSX reserves the right to cancel your event at any time.
MEETING AND FUNCTION SPACE
The ISS will be held in meetings rooms at the Gürzenich in Cologne, Germany. Room names will be confirmed after acceptance of ISS application. Organizers may conduct preregistration; however, no ISSX attendee may be prohibited from attending the symposium. The supporting organizations should be prepared with enough materials and food and beverage to accommodate any ISSX meeting registrant who wishes to attend the symposium.
Once an ISS is approved, ISSX staff will contact the approved company to review logistics including audio-visual equipment and food & beverage. The organizer is responsible for all costs associated with the program, including food & beverage, music license fees, speaker travel and honoraria, labor costs, etc. There is no charge for utilizing ISSX function space at the Gürzenich for approved ISS.
PREPARATION OF PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
All brochures, invitations, announcements, posters, agendas, speaker descriptions, evaluations, postcards, web site listings, other promotional and meeting materials, and any enduring materials must be approved by ISSX prior to printing or release. Please allow five business days for approval of promotional materials. All promotional and meeting materials and any enduring materials for the ISS must state the following (use this exact wording):
“This session is an industry-sponsored symposium. Although not an official part of the 14th European Meeting of ISSX, this program has been reviewed and its presentation permitted by the Society.”
This text must be placed in a prominent area on all materials associated with your program.
MARKETING AND PROMOTION
If desired, ISSX will assist in the promotion of approved ISS in the following ways:
- One onsite program book listing to be distributed at the meeting and one Scientific Meeting website listing, including program title, speaker names and affiliations, supporting company name, and date and time of program.
- One complimentary postal mailing list, in electronic form, consisting of current ISSX members or pre-meeting attendees. The mailing list is available after payment for the ISS has been received by ISSX. Email addresses are not provided.
- Poster Displays: Organizers may display posters on the day of their meeting. Display signs should be no larger than 22” x 28” and may be placed as follows:
- One (1) sign placed outside the meeting room no more than 60 minutes before the start time of the function.
- One (1) sign placed near the General Session room no more than 24 hours before the start time of the function, and not within 50 feet of the ISSX meeting registration area.
- Exact placement of signs will be at the discretion of the ISSX Meeting Manager.
Your personnel or agents may not distribute any literature directly to meeting attendees at the Gürzenich, except from within the supporting company’s exhibit booth. Organizers are welcomed and encouraged to promote their ISS using the approved wording (refer to “Preparation of Promotional and Other Symposia Materials” section above) from their exhibit booth in the ISSX Exhibit Area.
For all official symposia and unofficial educational, social, or other types of meetings or events to which ISSX attendees are invited or may attend, the event/meeting organizer and/or sponsor and not ISSX will take full responsibility for the event/meeting and will hold harmless the International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics, its officers, agents and employees from any and all liability associated with the symposia. By the industry supporter or their designee completing and submitting the application form, ISSX is released from any and all liability.