Poster presentations are an integral component of ISSX meetings. The call for abstracts for this meeting is now closed.
Call for Late-Breaking Abstracts – Closed May 9
- Late-Breaking Abstract Submissions: This is open for all abstracts for poster presentation at the meeting.
- Please note that abstracts accepted to this call will not be printed in the onsite program book but will be included in the ISSX Online Abstract system.
Second Call for Abstracts – Closed March 14
- General Abstract Submissions: This is open for all abstracts for poster presentation at the meeting.
First Call and Poster Awards Competition Abstracts – Closed February 15
- First Call General Abstract Submissions: Call for all abstracts for poster presentation at the meeting.
- Poster Awards Competition: Call for graduate/predoctoral students and postdoctoral fellows, this submission category is an opportunity to compete for cash prizes and special recognition at the meeting. Six finalists from both categories will be selected to present their posters during a special poster viewing session at the meeting. First, second, and third place awards will be presented at the Poster Competition Awards Presentation session held during the meeting.
Authors: Please provide all required information for the presenting author including a valid email address. A presenter must be identified in order for abstracts to be considered. Please enter all additional authors in the order they should appear in the program. The abstract submission form will guide you through the process of entering the author(s) information. Do not include the author information in the body of the abstract. At least one author listed must be either a member of ISSX.
Abstract Title and Topic: For each submission, author must select an Abstract Topic (e.g. primary keyword), provide complete presenter contact information, and include the abstract text. Please type the abstract title using ALL UPPERCASE LETTERS. Submissions must have a title to be considered for the conference program. All abstracts must be in English - the official language of the 11th International ISSX Meeting.
Abstract Body: The abstract text should be typed single-spaced and may not exceed 500 words (350 to 400 words is preferred). Type the text as one paragraph. All references included in the text should be numbered and accompanied by the full citation, including author’s names, title, journal name, volume, number, inclusive paging, and year of publication.
Abstract Content: Abstracts must describe previously unpublished work. Abstracts previously published for other domestic or international meetings cannot be accepted. If the abstract is about metabolism/disposition/mode of action of the compound, then the chemical name or a partial structure must be included. If the compound causes a well-characterized biological response that is independent of structure (for example, compounds are a general inhibitor of some process, like apoptosis or chaperon function and structure is unrelated to the central theme), it is acceptable to include it with only the generic name. Abstracts should include a statement of hypothesis, methods used, supporting data, results and conclusions. Abstracts found to be lacking in sufficient clarity, relation to the meeting topic areas, or scientific content may be rejected. Preparation of the abstract should be rigorous and the abstract checked for errors and accuracy before submission. Errors in the submitted abstract cannot be corrected once the abstract is accepted. Errors can be corrected in the poster, so the whole set of data and information presented is accurate.
Scoring and Notification:
- Presenting authors of First Call and Poster Award Competition Abstracts were notified on Friday, March 4, 2016.
- Presenting authors of Second Call Abstracts were notified on Tuesday, March 29, 2016.
- Late-Breaking Abstracts Call are currently under review. Abstract authors will be notified beginning May 17, 2016.
Questions: Please email email@example.com or telephone ISSX at +1-202-367-1160.